Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Menswear, First try
























This shoot came about a little by accident and a little not. I was going to meet Harry so we could do some strange conceptual distorted images for the project i'm doing at the moment on Art foundation and i wanted to make him look mental. Unfortunately i've been so busy at the moment that it totally escaped my mind to check the studio availability and it is largely full most of the time if not booked days in advance around this time (University applications and exams). So we went on location- to a car park for an urban feel without the parking cost (can you blame me) and/or onlookers. Harry is usually the one taking the photo's and i work with him frequently. We both found it so weird to switch roles. I styled him in a combination of my clothes and his clothes for both the looks, it was basically a 'working with what you've got' type of situation as we were not particularly prepared post- plan change, but i'm actually loving the outcome. I would consider myself to be anything but an 'urban' 'streetwear' kind of girl but it is definitely a look that's growing on me. Hence the images of myself at the bottom that Harry took when i insisted on wearing the outfit for fun. The second look is something i would more typically go for, grungey and all-black. I'm hoping to do some more men's styling in the near future because i don't feel it's right to totally neglect styling the opposite sex because of a fear of the unknown. Besides, i'm feeling incredibly inspired by London Collections men- particularly J.W Anderson's rockin' platforms. This has got a sporty feel about it because sportswear is coming back with a vengeance in S/S 2014 and i'm super excited for that. 


Speak Soon,

H.V x





Photographers & Models, Harriet Victoria & Harry Cooke
Stylist, Harriet Victoria

No comments: