Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Eclectic










Above is some styling of a recent look that, truthfully, i've been struggling to think of a name for! So 'eclectic' is what i have picked S/S 2013/14 looks set to hold lots of exciting cultural clothes with inspirations from all corners of the globe and this is what i wanted to incorporate into this look. 
Look out for fringing, tribal prints, pleats and folds, brave colours and rugged accesories in preparation for the new season!
Photographer, Katy Thomas contacted me and asked me to style this shoot, sending me several images on Pinterest to work from. The hair is very much inspired by a particular editorial image from Pinterest that i felt was a futuristic- and exciting twist on an 'everyday' hairstyle. The shoot was great because Katy let me do my own thing and allowed me the added luxury of choosing the hair and make- up done perfectly by the wonderful MUA Elaine Pearcey. I wanted pastel colours to compliment the bright outfit without making the look 'too much' and so Elaine dusted soft pastel pink on the lids and a random request from myself to put blue on the cheeks was embraced and i love it.  We shot on location in Exeter in the freezing cold but the whole team did a great job of getting on with it anyway and i'm really happy with the images. Despite actual barking sounds from one lovely male passer-by..



Speak Soon, 

H.V x



Photographer, Katy Thomas
Hair and MUA, Elaine Pearcey
Stylist, Harriet Victoria
Model, Izzy Weaver




2 comments:

fashionforward said...

interesting take on a seemingly traditional style!

Queen of Jet Lags said...

Babe! I adore your blog soo much!! Gorge styling! I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin' :-).. Hope you can follow back!

Love,

Noor
http://queenofjetlags.com